For features of Mark III, please visit the dedicated website http://solarimmersion.co.uk
Existing solar PV installs provides the return of investment in the following three ways :
1. Feed In tariff payout for the electricity produced
2. Payment for the electricity export to the grid
3. Reduction in the electrcity bill, as less power is consumed from the grid.
With our automatic immersion heater switch, you will get one more way to recoup your investemnt and use the solar pv system more efficiently.
Lower your gas bills – On a reasonably sunny day it heats water in the hotwater tank at 60 degrees to 80 degrees keeping your gas boiler silent. On other days, it effectively pre-heats the water, so your boiler work less.
The switch will heat up your hot water by the power from the panels without reducing the PV export meter readings – So FIT and other payments you receive remains uneffected.
The switch uses a non invasive clip on sensor, so no changes or direct connection to the existing PV system is required.
- CE approved compact unit
- Designed and manufactured in UK
- Monitor house consumption and PV production with a single clip on sensor (phase detection technology) to decide when to turn on/ off the load.
- Internal fuse protection
- LED indicators
- Manual override switch facility
- Build-in delay for passing clouds
- Adjustable trigger threshold settings (load turn on setting) from 500W to 10kW.
- Internal 16A relay capable to take up to 4kW load, extendibility up-to 50A
- Automatic default to auto off on mains failure
- 1 year replacement guarantee
- Simple to install & no wiring changes necessary to the existing PV circuit. Just clip the sensor and you are ready to go.
- Typical payback in less than 2 years.
- Potential savings on about £100 on gas based & about £220 on oil based water heating cost per year.
- Automatic default to immersion OFF on power failure
- Suitable for PV systems with output in excess of 1.5 kW
- Use existing immersion heater wiring from the consumer unit via MCB for safety and reliability
CE Certified, Designed and Manufactured in England
Quality product at Affordable Price (Costs less than 2 months worth of your FIT payment on a 4 kW system).Typical Payback in Less Than 2 Years